Updated August 14th, 2020
As Pillar Baptist Church reopens Thursday Midweek Service in accordance with the guidelines of Alameda County, the following are procedures that the ushers of Pillar Baptist Church will help to enforce for the safety of all those who attend.
Maximizing Safety / Minimizing Risk
- Home: Stay home and do not attend church in person if you or family members are exhibiting even mild symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, etc). Exercise conservative caution related to illness symptoms. Even if you think your symptoms are mild, please stay home until you are fully well. If church attendees are exhibiting symptoms, they will be asked to return home.
- Temperature Checks: We will have temperature checks upon entry to the worship service area. Everyone must have their temperature checked before proceeding to the back parking lot. If your temperature is above 99.5°F, you will be politely asked not to enter the worship area.
- Family members: Consider staying home if you or family members are in a higher risk group (Per CDC guidelines, people who meet the following conditions are considered higher risk for COVID-19: Aged 65 years and older; Immunocompromised; Asthma; Chronic Kidney Disease; Chronic Lung Disease; Diabetes; Hemoglobin Disorders; Liver Disease; Serious heart conditions; Severe obesity).
- Hygiene: Wash and watch your hands. Properly disinfect your hands (washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or disinfecting with an alcohol-based hand gel) and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth. Hand hygiene and hand discipline are the most effective ways to prevent infection.
- Physical contact: No touching allowed (unless within family).
- Distancing: Maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet from other people) and wear a face covering.
- Availability: There are two private restrooms that will be available.
- Cleanliness: The restrooms will be cleaned before and after the service.
- Usage: Please limit usage to need as much as can be done. Less frequency will make for ease of cleaning.
Entering the Worship Area
- Cleanliness: Individuals and families are expected to practice cleanliness before coming to church and own their own personal hygiene products for their own disinfectant use.
- Items: Face Coverings. Hand sanitizers. Gloves. Etc.
- Face Coverings: The wearing of face coverings is mandatory when in service. The church will try to have extras on hand in case people forget. You will not be allowed to enter the service if you do not have a mask on. Children under the age of 12 will not be required to wear masks but are encouraged to do so if they can. Children under the age of 2 should not wear a mask as it may be a choking hazard.
- Temperature Check: No touch temperature checks will be performed and required upon entering the worship service area. A table will be set up at the entrance of the worship area along with indicated markers of where you will wait/stand as directed by the ushers.
- Hand sanitizers / Disinfectant wipes: There will be hand sanitizers stations and disinfectant wipes available but in limited amounts. Please use as needed economically.
- Parking: Please park either in the front parking lot or in the neighborhood.
- Ushers: An usher will direct you into the parking lot and to your specific seat for you and your family members.
- Social distance: You and your family members will be distanced of at least 6 ft from others while in your seat during the service.
- Chairs: Chairs will be provided and cleaned.
- Required: Face Coverings are to be worn at all times while in service.
- No in-person Accountability Groups: There will be no Men’s and Women’s Accountability Groups at church for the time being but will continue to take place virtually.
- Outdoor: Please come prepared with warm clothing if it gets chilly.
- Fellowship: Please continue to maintain the social distancing orders and please be mindful that there are homes that border the back parking lot.
Please be considerate if an usher or anyone else from the church requests you to adhere to the guidelines as noted in this document. Your patience would be very helpful during these times as we adjust to a new normal.