Updated October 8th, 2020
Thursday Midweek Worship and Sunday Service will resume at Pillar Baptist Church (42986 Osgood Road Fremont, CA 94539).
As Pillar Baptist Church reopens in-person Thursday Midweek Service and Sunday Service, strict guidelines and procedures will be enforced for the safety of all those who attend.
Maximizing Safety / Minimizing Risk
- Home: Stay home and do not attend church in person if you or family members are exhibiting even mild symptoms (fever or chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of smell, etc). Exercise conservative caution related to illness symptoms. Even if you think your symptoms are mild, please stay home until you are fully well. If church attendees are exhibiting symptoms, they will be asked to return home. If you have been in contact with a person with COVID-19 we ask that you get tested and do not attend for 14 days even if you get a negative test result.
- Family members: Consider staying home if you or family members are in a higher risk group (Per CDC guidelines, people who meet the following conditions are considered higher risk for COVID-19: Aged 65 years and older; Immunocompromised; Asthma; Chronic Kidney Disease; Chronic Lung Disease; Diabetes; Hemoglobin Disorders; Liver Disease; Serious heart conditions; Severe obesity).
- Hygiene: Wash and watch your hands. Properly disinfect your hands (washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or disinfecting with an alcohol-based hand gel) and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth. Hand hygiene and hand discipline are the most effective ways to prevent infection.
- Physical contact: No touching allowed (unless within family).
- Distancing: Maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet from other people) and wear a face covering.
- Contact tracing: If you develop symptoms anytime in the week after attending church, please notify any of the Elders immediately and get tested. If a person tests positive we will interview the individual and personally notify those who were in close contact according to the CDC guidelines and advise you to get tested. We will also notify the church that an individual has tested positive in the case of a close contact. If you were not personally notified then you were not in close contact to the positive individual at church. Our recommendations are based on the CDC guidelines and the guidance of our health professionals in church.
- Cleanliness: The restrooms will be cleaned before and after the service
- Usage: Please limit usage to need as much as can be done. Less frequency will make for ease of cleaning.
- Number: As best as you can, try to limit the number of individuals in a bathroom to 2 at a time.
Entering the Church
- Cleanliness: Individuals and families are expected to practice cleanliness before coming to church and own their own personal hygiene products for their own disinfectant use.
- Items: Face Coverings. Hand sanitizers. Gloves. Etc.
- Face Coverings: The wearing of face coverings is mandatory at all times. The church will try to have extras on hand in case people forget. You will not be allowed to enter the service area if you do not have a mask on. Children under the age of 12 will not be required to wear masks but are encouraged to do so if they can. Children under the age of 2 should not wear a mask as it may be a choking hazard.
- Temperature Check: No touch temperature checks will be performed and required upon entering the worship service area. A table will be set up at the entrance of the church along with indicated markers of where you will wait/stand as directed by the ushers.
- Hand sanitizers / Disinfectant wipes: There will be hand sanitizers stations and disinfectant wipes available but in limited amounts. Please use as needed economically.
- Ushers: An usher will direct you to your seat for you and your family members.
- Social distance: You and your family members will be distanced of at least 6 ft while in your seat during the service.
- Required: Face Coverings are to be worn at all times while in service.
End of Service Dismissal
- Ushers: After the service please do not exit yourself as the ushers will dismiss your row/section in a safe manner.
- Seated: Please remain seated until dismissed.
- Note: An orderly dismissal will allow the clean-up crew to commence and end in an efficient manner.
Please be considerate if an usher or anyone else from the church requests you to adhere to the guidelines noted on the pages above. Your patience would be very helpful during these times as we adjust to a new normal.