We gather every Sunday at 1:30 pm as a church in order to worship God through the forms and elements commanded and exampled in the Scripture. Each service is characterized by the reading and exposition of God’s Word, solemn prayer, the singing of psalms, doctrinally rich hymns and choruses, and the giving of our offerings and tithes.
At Pillar Baptist Church, we believe that the center of corporate worship — the most important worship we do — is the hearing from God through his preached Word. The preaching at Pillar is strictly expository, meaning that each sermon will seek to declare the main point of the biblical passage in view. Furthermore we believe that all preaching should be Bible saturated, Christ centered, and Gospel oriented.
The music we sing at Pillar Baptist is a blend of old and new, with an emphasis on singing the truths of our Faith. We strongly prefer congregational singing (which emphasizes the gathered body singing praise to God with one voice) over performed music (which tends to spotlight the abilities of some while encouraging passivity in the rest).
Updated September 6th, 2020
In accordance with the guidelines of Alameda County, Sunday Service will temporarily be held outdoors at Calvary Chapel Fremont (42986 Osgood Road Fremont, CA 94539). The following are procedures that the ushers of Pillar Baptist Church will help to enforce for the safety of all those who attend. Please review the guidelines thoroughly prior to attending in-person Sunday worship.
Maximizing Safety / Minimizing Risk
- Home: Stay home and do not attend church in person if you or family members are exhibiting even mild symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, etc). Exercise conservative caution related to illness symptoms. Even if you think your symptoms are mild, please stay home until you are fully well. If church attendees are exhibiting symptoms, they will be asked to return home.
- Temperature Checks: We will have temperature checks upon entry to the worship service area. Everyone must have their temperature checked before proceeding to the worship area. If your temperature is above 99.5°F, you will be politely asked not to enter.
- Family members: Consider staying home if you or family members are in a higher risk group (Per CDC guidelines, people who meet the following conditions are considered higher risk for COVID-19: Aged 65 years and older; Immunocompromised; Asthma; Chronic Kidney Disease; Chronic Lung Disease; Diabetes; Hemoglobin Disorders; Liver Disease; Serious heart conditions; Severe obesity).
- Hygiene: Wash and watch your hands. Properly disinfect your hands (washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or disinfecting with an alcohol-based hand gel) and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth. Hand hygiene and hand discipline are the most effective ways to prevent infection.
- Physical contact: No touching allowed (unless within family).
- Distancing: Maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet from other people) and wear a face covering.
- Availability: Restrooms will be available inside the church building.
- Cleanliness: The restrooms will be cleaned before and after the service.
- Usage: Please limit usage to need as much as can be done. Less frequency will make for ease of cleaning.
Entering the Worship Area
- Cleanliness: Individuals and families are expected to practice cleanliness before coming to church and own their own personal hygiene products for their own disinfectant use.
- Items: Face Coverings. Hand sanitizers. Gloves. Etc.
- Face Coverings: The wearing of face coverings is mandatory when in service. The church will try to have extras on hand in case people forget. You will not be allowed to enter the service if you do not have a mask on. Children under the age of 12 will not be required to wear masks but are encouraged to do so if they can. Children under the age of 2 should not wear a mask as it may be a choking hazard.
- Temperature Check: No touch temperature checks will be performed and required upon entering the worship service area. A table will be set up at the entrance of the worship area along with indicated markers of where you will wait/stand as directed by the ushers.
- Hand sanitizers / Disinfectant wipes: There will be hand sanitizers stations and disinfectant wipes available but in limited amounts. Please use as needed economically.
- Parking: A parking attendant will direct you to where you can park.
- Ushers: An usher will direct you into the parking lot and to your specific seat for you and your family members.
- Social distance: You and your family members will be distanced of at least 6 ft from others while in your seat during the service.
- Chairs: Chairs will be provided and cleaned.
- Fellowship: Please continue to maintain the social distancing orders.
Please be considerate if an usher or anyone else from the church requests you to adhere to the guidelines as noted in this document. Your patience would be very helpful during these times as we adjust to a new normal.